Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ode to the Hubby on Valentines Day!

OK, so its Valentine's Day. I realized a few years ago
that I really hated all the materialistic stuff that goes
with this day. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers,
jewelery and chocolate. But the fact of the matter is
that no matter what day it is, I am just thrilled
to see my husband when he came through the door
every night from work!
Even now when we are so far away, its amplified
a thousand times over!
The point of all this is, I don't need anything to tell me he
loves me on this one day, he does so many little things
all the time that let me know....

He goes do EVERYTHING on the "honey-do"list,
even if its not right away, he does it.
He comes home nearly every day for lunch! Just
to see me and play with the children.
He makes me laugh, there hasn't been a day that
goes by since we introduced one another in that
long ago college class that his sense of humor hasn't
put me in a better mood.
He eats ANYTHING I cook, aside from spanish rice,
he loves it all.
He makes me feel beautiful all the time! Even when
I have the frump factor going on!
He will give up an hour doing something he wants
to engage in an intergalactic battle of light sabers with
Thomas and Ben (and soon enough will be playing 'house' with Abby).
He found a way to send me flowers from 12,000
miles away, usually I don't care about flowers, but
when I saw they were for me from him, I cried.
He will pray with me to help us get through rough
patches.
Thanks honey for all that you do, at home and overseas,
you are awesome and the exception to every rule! I am
happy to call you my Valentine! Stay safe
and come home just as soon as you can!

1 comment:

Jen said...

He sent you flowers??? What a guy!!

Seriously. I think I've gotten flowers once from Joe. Maybe twice. And he's not even in Afghanistan.

BTW, loved the food and loved the cake you brought over. We had the cake for breakfast today...our nutritional standards have dropped in this newborn phase.