Ok so its been almost a full month since last I posted a blog spot! I apologize, but never give up on me! I have been whisked away from home and back again in the month of July! I left Alabama on July 4th and headed to Atlanta where I got to pick up my dad and had him as co-pilot for a long ride to Michigan! Once there, I attended a great family reunion where Benjamin was able to meet all of his remaining great-grandparents (on my side of the family anyway). I got to get in a great visit to Frankenmuth (a small Bavarian town outside of Flint) and visit the winery there and pick up a case of my favorite wine..Red Heron! The best stuff on the planet! Just as soon as that was done, we were off once again, this time in caravan style with some other members of the family to Quantico, Virginia. This is where the National Marine Corps Museum opened up just last year! It sure was spectacular, and after being there I gained more respect for my dad (which I didn't think was possible) and ALL marines! I highly recommend it if you ever are in Virginia. Its a beautiful place, and it was built so the architecture mimics that of the flag raising of Iwo Jima during WWII (for those of you who don't know what Iwo Jima is-which if you don't-you should learn about).
Also if you are ever in Virginia, there is Colonial Williamsburg (where we stayed) and the historic Jamestown. Trust me I wanted to visit York Town and more of Williamsburg but there wasn't time. Since this year is the 400 anniversary of Jamestown, I had to go see it! Luckily, I had my big brother Denny with me to help me with the boys and we were able to go there and spend the day. We saw the original glass works shop they made to hand blow glass and the replicas of the Powhatan Indian settlement and then Jamestown itself. I enclosed a slide show of the Museum and of Jamestown. I will get more of the boys up soon! After we came home, my parents drove down to see our house and we spent the weekend down in Panama City Florida! A day at the beach sure was great!
1 comment:
looks like you had a good trip. Glad that you're back on your blog and posting! :)
Post a Comment