Thursday, August 9, 2007

BWS

Well KC checked successfully out of the section of flight school called Instruments (passing with flying colors) and has now moved on to Basic Warfighting Skills. So with any luck, we shall know what bird he is going to fly at the end of the month! He is really doing well and working hard at it. I, though, still have never seen him fly a helicopter so I can't picture him actually flying one yet. :) However after that he will be on a hold status until they can put him in the appropriate class. I think then he will take some well deserved leave time and we might go and have some short road trips to see a few things in Alabama. We plan to visit an alligator farm, the NASA Space Center in Huntsville and may head over to Birmingham to see the largest city in the state! I am sure there will be a beach trip in there somewhere, I think however we might make a trip down to Pensacola, Florida to see the seashore and the museum on the Air Force Base there instead of heading to our usual beach spot in Panama City. Not to mention Thomas might get a kick out of seeing the Blue Angels fly if were lucky enough to have them practicing when were there.

On a side note, August is another month chalked full of events in the family. Aside from Ben's birthday 08-18-2006 (which is a first on my side of the family as no one closely related to me has a summer birthday), there are a few wedding anniversaries. My mom and dad, 08-08-70, my uncle Nick and aunt Diane, 08-09-69, KC and myself, 08-10-2001, and our friends Camille and Mike, 08-17-2000. Joining the ranks of the married here real soon is KC's cousin Kandis, who will tie the knot on 8-18. As most of the world already knows, I am a sap and that is why I love weddings. :) I added some pics of our wedding cause it really was the best time I ever had! We had a wonderful day! All my family, KC close friends and family and I am very proud of our beautiful cake, looked great but tasted awful! :)



1 comment:

Jen said...

I loved all the wedding pictures. I don't think I've seen your wedding pictures before, so thanks for the viewing! :)