
Well today we did....nothing. Too hot outside for anything really! We just hung indoors and found things to do. KC relaxed this morning by playing a few computer games and was sweet enough to let me sleep in. Then we decided to clean the office, which has been a whopping mess since KC's little craft project for flight school, the navigation maps for BWS. Once we got that all cleared away and vacuumed we thought, why stop there? We cleared out the storage closet and unloaded all our books that were sitting collecting dust in unused and sorry shaped boxes that were literally falling to pieces, they would not have made another move. So now my books are nicely piled against the walls of the extra closet in the office and I loved going through them all. Aside from the many I purchased for college, the ones dad gave me and the numerous paperback collection, I had a huge box of old college and high school notebooks with all my beloved history class notes and lecture papers. Makes me long for those days. I loved the classroom setting!
Thomas did the best he could, being locked up in the house most of the day. We read books, played games and I let him get out some toys he normally doesn't get to use. By the end of the day I put in Toy Story and he loved that. Ben hung out with me and crawled in and out of boxes. He was very clingy for some reason, which makes it hard to get a lot done, but it worked.
Yesterday, for our anniversary KC and I celebrated customarily by going out to our favorite restaurant, Red Lobster! Because we are both such seafood people! My dear friend Sharon and her husband Sean watched the boys for four hours while we ate. We had a wonderful time, savoring food instead of picking it up off the floor! :)
We are getting ready for Ben's birthday party next week. I am excited to have all of our friends over for a backyard BBQ! I just hope its not really hot like it was today, but I don't know.
1 comment:
It feels so great to get a big project like that done, doesn't it? Unpacking is almost like Christmas sometimes. :)
Post a Comment