Friday, December 30, 2011

Thomas turns 8!!!!

Eight years ago on Christmas I was putting a ham in the oven. I ham given to us by KC's boss at the time, a wonderful man named Doug. We were young, barely married just over two years, I had just graduated from college in May and was expecting our first child. In fact, our little baby boy was TWO WEEKS overdue!!!! I was miserable. But I wanted Christmas morning to be perfect! I woke up at 4am and put the ham in the oven.....then, just like that, it was time to go the hospital. Since it was my first pregnancy, the doctors just let me labor. After twenty hours of laboring, a new doctor came on and looked at my laboring results. My body wasn't letting me push Thomas out. Dr. Ting ordered me in for an emergency C-section and Thomas was born at 04:17 December 26th. Afterwords, Dr. Ting came into the room, held my hand and let me know that everything was ok with Thomas. I was so tired I didn't understand why he was so concerned. Thomas wasn't born naturally because he was so tied up in the chords (around the neck and his arms) that when he tried to come out, he got so twisted he was choking to death. Dr. Ting told me that if I had delivered, Thomas would have died on the way into the world. His exact words to me were "things could have gone very wrong today....I just thank God they didn't." He prayed with me and I am glad I didn't know how much trouble my little baby was in until after the fact.
I can't believe he is eight! I love celebrating every year of life with him.....as with all my kids.


Thomas opening his first present from Grandma Chase

Holding the rattlesnake skin that Grandma killed and daddy skinned! He loved it!


Daddy feels our son is old enough for a pocket knife. Thomas happily agrees!!!


Thanks DAD!!!!!


And the Suciu's sent him a Transformer/Starwars ship. This wins the "best toy for my birthday" award!


A double edged nerf sword from mom and dad. Cool, but not as cool as the robot and snake skin!


And a new legos set.....to add to his collection as he builds more and more things!


Cake anyone?




5 comments:

Fashion said...

Congratulations! Your site is wonderfully written with a lot of great organizing information.Alote Of Fashions & Tattoos Is Also Available On eXciteStyle. You Website Is Wonderful ,And A Much Of Tattoos Are Available On Fash4Style... I wish you much success! Thanks For Sharing.

Jen said...

I can't believe Thomas is 8! I remember visiting you guys in Bovill right after he was born.

I didn't realize Dr. Ting was the doc who took care of you guys. He refers to our practice sometimes and is a good doc. I'm glad you were in good hands. :)

Bella said...

Dear Thomas,

Happy birthday baby.. Wish you all the best..

Marsella said...

Glad to hear that your birthday.. Happy 8 year old Thomas..

Darmayoga said...

Happy Birthday Thomas.. Big kiss and hug for you..