We were able to have adoration, mass and confessions, a healing rosary and plenty of time of just meditating on our lives as women if grace, because we are mothers, daughters, wives and caretakers. We talked for hours on end with glasses of wine after dinner. I made many new friends and enjoyed all my company. It also helped that I didn't have to cook the three meals a day and snacks they served (did I mention the bottles of wine during the evening hours?). How much better could it be than this!!! KC held the fort down at home and my soul was refreshed and I cried my eyes out most of the time.
Cece and myself
The sign in the cafeteria during meal times!
Just some of the beautiful ladies on the retreat!
This is Fr. Mark. A very strong supporter of this Women of Grace program. He needs your prayers as well. In August he will be going to serve as a chaplain to the military men and women in the US Forces in Africa for a year. Near the end of the retreat his mother, who was attending, was crying (like we ALL were) and when he finished he went over to her and embraced her with tears in his eyes saying "It's going to be ok mom, I will be back before you know it!"
Johnette speaks about her life, lost family members and how we as women are co-creators of life, as per God's plan for us.
Just a lovely shot...thanks Dayna!!!
Dayna snapped my profile, my eyes are all red cause I had been wiping them away for hours during Johnette's talk.
All the St. James ladies with Johnette Benkovic. We were truly blessed to be there that day! I can't wait to finish her book and I really can't wait until we can do this again!!!!





1 comment:
What a great experience!
Post a Comment