I flew home with Ben and Thomas to suprise my brother Denny for his birthday on the 24th of April. I ended up staying until the 27th of May! Wow! Long time to be gone! I missed KC terribly but we were out of his hair and he got to go through most of primary flight school without the hustle and bustle of children. He is almost all finished with that first part and will start his next sections of "instruments" next.
The funny thing about me going home was that I had to have and emergency run to the hospital when I got there and found I had residual gall stones they had to remove that were not removed at the time of my surgery so I was having a gall stone attack and man, they had to perform some thing called an ERCP on me in Boise to get rid of those! Lucky me! So I was at the mercy of my sisters in law and my mother in law who took care of me wonderfully! Couldn't have asked for a better crew of people.
While at home I got to go to Oregon and visit family that has never met before. His great grandma and two wonderful great aunts who put up with us for a few evenings! I got to see my buddy Mary in Salem and collect an antique sewing machine she had been keeping for me! It was a whirlwind trip through the state but we had fun!
While I was home I got to see all my family and some great friends as well. My good friend Anita had her third baby, a beautiful little boy named Elijah! My dear friend Theresa picked me up at the airport and let us stay at her house while in Boise and then took me home! Our friends the Kaufmans proudly just moved into their new home, first time home buyers (enjoy it guys!) and I was able to watch Katie and Mikey's end of the year programs at school! Katie was rock climbing as part of her therapy and I was there to take pictures as that beautiful stubborn five year old girl refused to get out of the harness until she hit the top of the wall!
Camille and Mike (friend from highschool) lent me and GRACO playpen while I was home and I say thankyou again because without it poor Ben would have been run over like a deer facing a MACK truck! We all went out for dinner on Denny's birthday and had a great time!
My God-daughter Brianne turned 1 year old on May 2nd and I was able to visit her on her birthday and see her. Richard and Melissa had a formal Knights of Colombus function to go to ( I still want to see pictures you guys!) so I got to visit with them before all of that happened.
I was able to go stay at my sis-in-laws house and pig out on her salsa (from which I am still recovering) and have Thomas play with her two beautiful kids! I even got to see one of Wade's T-ball game, which was precious and comical all in the same time!
While there (at Brandi's) Thomas attached himself to a litter of kittens and especially to one that was called "lil gray". Now I can't get him to stop talking about getting a cat! But luckily KC caught two box turtles and they are now our "pets" who live under the porch steps in the back yard.
The flight was good, I am happy to be home safe and get back into out routine! I will post pictures soon!
1 comment:
Glad you had a safe trip back. We really enjoyed having you and the boys around town for awhile, even though we didn't get too many visits in. I'll bet KC is glad you are back! :)
Post a Comment