Well today we decided to go to KC favorite place for dinner. Red Lobster! It was great. Our good friends the Craigs were awesome enough to join us. I mean we would have fun either way, but having friends there only reinforces the good times!
We had a whirl wind day yesterday! KC and I were invited by his commanding officer to enjoy a BBQ at his place on post. So we went and he had a blow up slip and slide for all of the kids! I feel terrible I didn't bring my camera because after about an hour it went from the kids' play toy to the grownup boys play thing. All the pilots had to have a go. And you guessed it, KC was the first one to hit that thing and reaching terminal velocity during his slide, slid right out over the blow up stop bump and ker-plat right out on the ground on the other side. Following a round of cheers and applause we surveyed the damage and all he got was a skinned up toe! It was pretty funny and made the day memorable.
The boys and I finished up swimming lessons. I am happy to report that Benjamin loves the water, however Thomas has some second thoughts on floating by himself on his back. Oh well, maybe he will come around next year.
KC has caught three box turtles from the woods behind our house. They are sweet. We have named the first two "pumper" and "nickel" and the third one is named "quarter". They have dug a hole under the bottom porch of the front steps and spend most of their time there. But they do love to come out when it rains. They are nice and Thomas plays with them alot. Last week however when we were at dinner at a friends home, KC caught a large, dinosaur looking snapping turtle. It was (as they say in the south) 'wicked ugly'. And it could bite a thick twig in half. I will post pictures of it soon. I hope you all like the movie bites I am putting on here. There is Katie's part from her preschool recital 'the nanny goats gruff', also her rock climbing at therapy sessions, KC's birthday, and KC and Ben on the bed! Thanks again Misty for "pimping my blog"!!
No comments:
Post a Comment