Funny story for everyone. When we say grace before meals Thomas seemed to not be interested in it at first. Normal little kid! I usually started out with the normal grace I was raised with beginning with "Bless o Lord and these thy gifts...." But Thomas didn't care for that, so just to make it a little bit more fun for him I decided to try something called the "Superman" prayer. I used to do it at deanery events and church retreat weekends in a youth group type setting. You put both your hands up in the air like Superman taking off from the ground and you sing "thank you God for giving us food...thank you God for giving us food... and the friends we meet and the food we eat...thank you God for giving us food!" And you sing it to the Superman theme. Thomas has the sign of the Cross down good so he has no problem. And we alternate that and others like one I learned from Katie's preschool class called "Johnny Appleseed". But Benjamin is so adorable that he only understands the Superman one! So whenever I buckle him into the high chair he waits until I put the food on the tray and then he shoots his fists up in the air and tries to sing. Now its also gotten to the point where if I even say the words "prayer" or "grace" he sticks his arms out in front like Superman!
Also, the boys have had colds since Christmas and are not really in pain but very uncomfortable. So hopefully it will start to subside with some more TLC!
6 comments:
Oooh no fun on the cold department. If my girls were they would offer hot chicken soup it'll make you feel better. It's their cure for anything. hope they feel better soon!
First, your hair looks awesome! Second, you can't beat the Superman grace or Johnny Appleseed! Hope everyone is feeling better soon...colds are rotten.
Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.
Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.
Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.
Hello thr, thanx a lot for this blog ....... This is exactly what I was looking fpr.
Post a Comment