A blog started to chronicle the lives of a hard working family and too keep in touch with loved ones! Its a crazy time in life right now, but I am sure we wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Here in Idaho
Well, after a few grueling days in the car, the boys (my dad included in that description) and I made it safely home to Idaho. Thanks to my wonderful brother Denny, letting me borrow his DVD player the trip was smooth for the most part. We had moments when Ben wanted out of the car seat and I couldn't let him. We made it from Enterprise to Idaho Falls in three days. That has got to be some sort of a record. It did help that all the hotels we stayed at had great beds! (I was really worried because I didn't sleep in the car at all...owing to the DVD player being on the back of my seat). And Thomas loved the pools that were there. Let's hear it for Holiday Inn Express! But just as we promptly got in Wed night, Ben came down with a terrible cold Thursday morning. So he picked it up in transit somewhere! But he is getting over it now. He still sleeps through the night, eats like a horse and loves to cuddle. I got to meet the newest family addition, Gage. My seven month old nephew. Who is just an adorable kid and very sweet baby. He came to me right away and just sat on my lap. Katie and Mikey were so excited to see us and for days now I haven't had the opportunity of waking up before the kids because one of them is usually knocking at my door at 5 am! (Aunt Mandy? Are you awake!) I was able to enjoy the snow. Yes, you all heard me right, ENJOY the snow. I have missed it. I got some really cute pictures of Thomas seeing the snow for the first time in more than two years! He hopped out of the car and screamed "Mom! It's snow! I missed the snow! Didn't you miss the snow!? It's Christmas now isn't it? Can I go play!" When we stopped of in Wyoming, he got out and swapped a blanket around himself and began jumping in the snow banks against the rest area. I had to pull him back in the car! We miss KC a lot but he won't be home in a few days anyway! So that is all that is going on for now! I hope to post some pics when I get some time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you are here!
Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm sure you're having a blast with your family.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment