Ok, KC and I have just a few remaining days together before we board a plane and come home to the Land of the Free and than he goes off to defend it. We have been getting a lot of stuff done, but every night we make time to watch a movie together after the kids go to bed. Tonight we watched Taken, with Liam Neeson.
I can actually tell you that I am just jacked up from that film. Its a great idea. The story, a guy who is retired govt special forces learns that his daughter is kidnapped in Paris while on vacation and than a long journey begins. He shows no mercy, he kills everyone in his path trying to get to her. Real scum of the Earth kind of people. Now, its not that I don't believe in mercy, but in these cases, its killed or be killed.
And, KC and I both agreed it hits home a lot more since we welcomed our baby daughter into our lives. Every woman I see I find that she was a sweet innocent girl at some point, with parents who loved her. I believe you can really feel the gut wrenching more if you happen to have a daughter.
And now, because I soon will be a certified card carrying member of the NRA, I have to put in my two cents about these bad guys. Notice, all you gun control nut jobs, in real life as well as in the movies, that all the bad guys have guns! I bet they would think twice if they thought EVERYONE else was armed!
I AM going to have my girl trained in necessary self defense such as martial arts and pressure point techniques, I AM going to have my girl know how to work a whole range of weapons from a bow and arrow to single six shooter to a semi-automatic hand gun. Because when it all boils down to it, the woman who shoots her attacker at close range is NOT any less morally justified than the one who is on the phone with the police waiting to show up while she is being robbed, raped, attacked or mugged.
But getting back to the movie, its FIVE stars!!!!! Rent it and than you will see what I love about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment