Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shameful.....

I had surgery Wednesday of last week. I had a reduction. This means that it will take me a while to heal but it will be so worth it because my back won't be bothering me anymore. But a few things one should know about while you are trying to recuperate at your home with small children.
1.) They watch shameful amounts of TV because you can't keep after them when your husband has to run into work for a briefing
2.) Chocolate or Strawberry milk will suffice as a meal until you figure out which member of your prayer group is going to drop off already cooked meals for you so you don't have to cook.
3.) You begin using your toddler and preschoolers as helpers so you can stand the sight of your own living room.
4) You beg your husband to please learn how to use the washing machine because if he doesn't we will be swimming in seas of laundry!

Poor Abigail and Benjamin, I taught them "pick up the dirty clothes" and "let's see how much dirt we can sweep up with the hand broom" games. I don't know when I will be back up to running at all eight cylinders, but I hope its sooner than later!!! If one of my kids gets lost in their rooms, I am not sure how long it will take me to dig them out!

No comments: