Tuesday, November 30, 2010

...just stuff.....

All credit to my friend "Fluffy Chicky" for inspiring this section of the blog.

Its finally a winter wonderland here in Bavaria, Germany.
This means Christmas is almost here, I am preparing.
However, there seems to be an epidemic of car problems in our
world. Our Pontiac, after nearly 7 faithful years, has gone kaput on us!
Something about a water pump and they can't fix it over here, blah blah blah....

KC has decided if we can't find anyone to fix it by next week, he will take a crack at it.
Why not, one of my fondest memories of KC was just after we met and he had the starter
of his 73 Chevy taken apart and placed all over the floor of his little apartment in college....
yeah for husbands who tinker!!!

After talking to nearly everyone in KC's company, it seems that we are all down to one car for a family!
This is bad timing when it comes to KC's work schedule, Thomas' pick up time at school, Tae Kwon Do on Tuesdays, MCCW on Wednesdays, and Cub Scouts on Thursdays. Not to mention my random doctor appointments post surgery!  Oh well, I throw up my hands and leave it in God's hands!

Thomas is growing at an insane, exponetial rate. His clothes which fit him yesterday, I swear, no longer touch the ground! And to top it all off, my thrifty purchases for him seems to be getting destroyed. I know KC told me once they hit seven or eight, you can not stop them! Torn pants, ripped sweaters and shirts! They start going through shoes like crazy. He needs new underwear, new PJs and a few good pairs of pants. Guess this kid is gonna start costing us money! =)

He has continually pulled "red" cards at school. Simply put, this means he can't shut up. The boy has talked since he was seven months old. I warned the teacher of this when I put him back in school. I am sure she secretly wants to put him on Ritalin. He can't sit still either! Even when he reads he has to rock back and forth and his knees are always bouncing. Ah well, little boys just bounce.

Ben who is more quiet than his older brother, but is still just as physical. Between the both of them, yesterday when we pulled out tree ornaments to put on our tree they had it decorated in like two minutes and they were all in the same spot. Of course I had to tell them NOT to eat the candy canes seventeen times and to be careful with the bulbs and don't twist the light bulbs out of the sockets, but hey, its family fun! Our tree is small, but its cozy and I enjoy it!

Abby thinks she is the Queen Bee around here. She gets cuter, yet she gets bossy. I am sure going to have to put a stop to that. But she has daddy wrapped up. And she only has eyes for him at this point. I used to be the one she wanted in the middle of the night, in the morning when she wakes up. Now when I go get her, all I hear is "Mommy? Where daddy is?" (To be fair, KC got this with the boys, still, rejection stinks!)
She made her move from the crib to the big girl toddler bed. We are working on the potty training....for the last time! I can't do anything with her hair! I refuse to cut it, but until it gets a little longer, she will forever look like Hermione from Harry Potter (in the books Hermione has wild out of control hair). KC has taken delight in calling her Medusa, or Madam Mim from Sword in Stone. Grow hair! Grow!!!!

We have decided to get a dog. We do not yet know when or where this will happen. So for now, we are waiting to see if the perfect dog will come to us.

My in-laws come in 21 days, I am excited to see them and crazy at the same time.  Three meals a day x ten people x 14 days. Guess I must go shopping and stock up before they get here!!!

Congrats to my brother who just recieved his LPN and will be starting a new job this week! Keep it up bro! The RN isn't far off!!!!

Oh yeah, and Prince William is engaged which means that April 29th, you will find me watching the ceremony on TV. Sort of funny how I know my mom stayed up all night to watch the Prince marry Diana in 1981. For all of you who know how much I adore weddings of ANY kind, I will be in heaven watching Royal Nuptials!!! I mean, its like the Olympics, if you don't watch it, you could miss something great, or at least history being made! I realize the rest of the world could care less, but hey, there is far worse stuff on the TV one could be watching!

2 comments:

FluffyChicky said...

So glad that I could enspire your ramblings! :)

Human Growth Hormone Houston said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.