Friday, April 22, 2011

Poland vacation!

As mentioned several times in these posts from the past five years or so, I L-O-V-E polish stoneware. The pottery to me is so nice and durable and super easy to clean. So when we got here I promised myself that I would go to Poland and get some of my own. Aside from peices I see at the Army PXs, civilian spouse bazars and thrift store finds, I wanted to go.
I got my chance last October and really enjoyed it. However it was just a day trip. Up and away at 4 am, and back home by 11 at night. The Polish border is 3 1/2 hours from our house and the town of Bolesaweic is another 45 min after that.
So, I was thrilled when my FRG leader arranged a pack of 11 women to go up for the night!!!! After seeing if KC would agree to wrangling the littles for the weekend (which, I will add, he did without complaint),  I drove my ever reliable Dodge van in a caravan of three vehicles. We had a great time!!!  A little side note, my good friend Renee forgot her camera and it was her first time there so most of the shots I have, have her in them!



 We left early, and shopped shopped shopped at about 30 of the local stores!






They were having a huge Easter blow out sale (yay!). As it was Palm Sunday weekend, they had alot of the Easter decor out to display. Some stores go out of their way to be as silly as possible too, it was great fun!!!!



Lastly we headed to Andy's. Its a great little shop that actually does more buisness for the Americans than anything else. It was a beautiful shop and the weather was nice. Renee and I got a little silly with the pottery maker table!!!



Then we had a nice group pic....for the record!!!

After our adventures on the pottery circuit, we ended up back at the Blue Beet Root! A hotel and restaurant I hightly recommend! It has been open since 2005. The owners turned an old HUGE farm house into what it is now. The service is spectacular and the food was top notch as well!!!!  Renee, Cece and I got a room all to ourselves! Little did we know it was the "penthouse" of the hotel! We got the top floor with the extra living space. So it was decided that after dinner, everyone would get pedicures in our room so we could sit and chat the night away with no kids, husbands or housework to worry about!!!





Party in the Pent house!!!!
While we were talking Renee and I couldn't wait to unpack our things and see what we had bought, plus we had to repack it for the voyage home the next day! 11 American ladies buying pottery=alot of pottery! Had to repack the car with all those bags!!!

The next morning, we were up and Renee and Cece and I were able to attend Palm sunday Mass in polish! We were only a quarter mile away from the nearest church. The service wasn't too long and it was beautiful!




After mass a few more shopping stops for some photos!




Did I mention one of the purchases I made was a tea set or two? I was so excited when I got it out to wash it and Abby wanted to play with it right away! I have a feeling there will be many future tea parties to come!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the tea set!