However, Denny and I enjoyed it!!!! We had some great company!!!
After a bite to eat, we all decided to go down to the bathes. These bathes are filled with the water from the spring, again, that Bernadette found while digging in the dirt where Mary told her to. People from all over the world come to submerse themselves in this blessed water. I didn't want to wuss out and not do it, especially since I had a whole team of friends helping me! Denny used a wheel chair most of the time and since Lourdes is a place for the sick (Denny has had MS since '92), he got to go to the front of the line!!!! I had to wait two and half hours to be what I called "softly dunked" by two irish ladies, but it was the most cool refreshing feeling I have ever had. Truly wonderful!
Again I didn't get many pics, but its just passed the grotto on the side of the hill from the Rosary Bascilica.
After that we went to the Grotto, the place of Mary's appearance to Bernadette. Just located to the right of that is a hall of candles. Little huts that shelter candles from the wind. You can purchase a candle for 10 euro cents and light it and say a prayer in honor of someone.
This is Denny cooling off at the water wells after being wheelchaired across the entire city of Lourdes!
Here is the well which feeds the taps.
Next update, all the military uniforms we saw! Over 37 different countries were represented at this 53rd annual Lourdes Internation Military Pilgrimage!
1 comment:
Hi The Chase Family, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!
Post a Comment