Well, when things go wrong, as they sometimes do, you learn to live with them. Take me, for instance, who not had my scheduled surgery as I would have liked on the 6th of this month, but ended up having it last Tuesday, the 30th of January!
I tried to wait! It was only a week away, when I was at mommy and me group on base when I just had to give in to the un-ending pain growing in my side. I collected Thomas from the sitters, headed home and then called for help! I didn't know what to do, KC was in class and I was with the kids. Thank God, my sweet neighbors and friends gladly took Thomas for me and my other friend Sharon, drove me down to the hospital. After four hours of sitting in the waiting room, getting IVed, blood drawn and begging for some kind of pain killer, I finally saw the doctor and he told me they needed to operate the following morning. I was admitted to the hospital, both the boys with neighbors and KC falling back to a different flight class in two weeks, I spent the night waking every two hours with pain and waiting endlessly for some sort nurse or nursing aide to come in after hitting the call button like six times! I know time goes really slow when one is in pain!
In the morning, KC showed up with Ben in tow, and they readied me for surgery. I was a little nervous, but prepared to end what was wrong with me!
After two hours in what should have been a 20 minute procedure, I woke up in recovery and had it explained to me that my gall bladder was 100% blocked, meaning nothing going out and nothing could come in. The organ itself was so inflamed and swollen, the doc thought he might have to do an old fashioned way of removing it because it wasn't happening using just a laparoscope! But, thank God, he did manage to get it and retrieve four stones, the biggest of which was the size of a large black olive! I spent the next two days in the hospital until finally they released me Thursday night! I came home and still am in a lot of pain, but it gets less gradually day by day. What makes me mad is that the surgeon said it should have been taken care of months ago. All the doctors I had been to in the last three weeks told me I had Acid Reflux Disease and to take a few pills and forget about it! Just goes to show that I got put more pressure on em to make em see it my way next time! :) It had to come down to a massive attack mostly spent in an ER!
So now that you all know what is going on in my life, say a few extra prayers that I can have a speedy recovery and get back to taking care of all the men in my life!
Diana is still coming down this weekend and we are all looking forward to seeing her! Thomas can't stop being excited about seeing his "bama Chase".
1 comment:
Glad to hear that nasty gallbladder is finally out. Hope you are feeling better soon. :)
Post a Comment