Sunday, March 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Melissa!



There are few new shots of the family I wanted to put up, but first I wanted to say Happy Birthday to my friend Melissa. One of my fellow Pisces, her birthday falls on the 10th of March. Hope she had a wonderful day with her hubby and two little girls!

Speaking of birthdays, mine was wonderful (March 6th)! KC treated me to lunch and then I got to go shopping and get few new books. He also sent me a bouquet of flowers. My brother and parents also sent me some flowers. My dining room looks like a floral shop! But I loved them all and had a blessed birthday, I got many phone calls, cards, e-cards and e-mails.

KC gets to start official class work for flight school here in just a couple of days so we have been busy getting in some family time here. Been to the park and gone fishing. Thomas is getting so good on riding his bike! We bought him a little helmet with dinosaurs on it and he has no problem wearing it. Unlike his little tricycle, this two wheeler bike gives him more leg room and thanks to Grandma Chase, he brakes like an expert. He has had a few tumbles and falls but over all he loves to ride.
Also, one of his newest past times is building forts. He loves to put up blankets and sheets everywhere and pretend that they are his home. The other night he built one and fell asleep under it.

Ben is starting to really move on his crawling skills. At first he would just lay on his tummy and use one leg to sort of propel himself forward and do a kind of "army crawl" along the carpet. Now he is using both legs to go and is up on all fours trying to use those motor skills. When he sees something he wants, boy does he give it his all. We are going to have to put up those road blocks (i.e. baby gates) real soon! I got him something called a BUMBO seat. It helps babies sit up on there own and while Ben does sit up well on his own before he decides to get down on his belly and crawl again, this thing is great to have him take a bath in, to eat, to use on the beach to keep him out of the sand and sit up while I read him and Thomas stories.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Well birthdays are always special days for all of us...and they are best enjoyed in the company of good friends and loved ones...and well for some more interesting things on birthdays you can also visit my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime and enjoy all that's there!!!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Mandy. I didn't realize you were a March baby. :)