Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The banana peel incident!

Well, it has been a few days since all this happened but I wanted to share it anyhow! A couple days ago, the boys and I were watching cartoons in our bed. Thomas has told me that he was hungry and I told him there was half a banana left over from breakfast on the kitchen table that I had saved just for him.. I told him to take off the rest of the peel and throw it away in the garbage. He ALWAYS has thrown it in the garbage. A few minutes later, he comes back in very proudly stating that he did, in fact, throw it away....down the toilet! My astonishment was only matched by panic as I could hear the running water of the toilet flushing. I tried to do what I could but to no avail! So after I called every plumber in town to get an estimate (the cheapest one was 60$), I waited for KC to get home. His quick wit pays off, he ran to Lowe's and was able to get a "snake" and then some top of the line hydrochloric acid for toilets! The snake pulled out part of the peel, but as hard as we tried only got the one piece. So the acid took care of the rest. Also a tip (not to be used all the time but once a year would be ok I think), we used it and it not only got rid of the problem, but it cleaned my toilet bowl to perfection! So we used the rest on the other toilet, and we had a whole bunch of lime scale come up that was blocking the pipes! So, though I was upset at Thomas for the banana-he felt really bad and promised to never do it again-I was kind of glad it happened. Both my toilets look like they just came from the store and I learned a lesson in patience!

2 comments:

Jen said...

A silver lining in everything... :)

Orchid said...

Thanks for the tip! I swear reading your blog makes me miss talking to you - have to call you soon.