Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Here we go again!


Well it seems that I failed to mention on my blog something that everyone should know through email. KC and I found out we are expecting again! I had my first doc appt Monday! So here we go again with...blood draw, peeing in a cup...talking to the doc...ultrasounds and due dates! I really wasn't expecting an ultra sound on the first check up. It was never offered to me before! So they took the pics and here it is. Heart beat is a good strong one and everything looks good. I am totally relieved to have only seen ONE baby! (My friend Amy was teasing me about having twins). My due date is set for October 10th. While this baby is definitely an unexpected blessing, we are really excited. And I do have to add that I do have morning sickness! Not once recorded in any Mandy pregnancy before! But I am somewhat sad. Food and myself have always had a great relationship and now I hate it! I am subsisting on a diet of soup for meals and when I can't even stomach that, I sip on hot chocolate! Its depressing, not to mention impossible with two tots running around. Having to cook meals for three people at five different times during the day (KC's flight school schedule changes so often I never know what he is home) is bad. Opening the refrigerator is bad! I guess next time I go shopping its all going to be prepared food I buy! So I ask for some prayers that this passes with out too many more problems. KC check rides his day flights tomorrow, depending on the weather. Than he will go to night time flights and finishes those next month mid-march sometime! Good news about that is he will probably know where we are going! So that is better to know and prepare than to sit and wonder!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations and sorry to hear about the morning sickness. We ate out or ordered in most of my first trimester when I could eat. I just started cooking last month. There is a great book called "Managing Morning Sickness" by Miriam something (she also has a website) if you need more help. I can't imagine chasing two boys while wanting to throw up. We're praying for you!

Orchid said...

Congrads Mandy and KC! Sorry about the morning sickness. I found that lemonade really helped me out. Also peppermint candies as well. Wished I lived closer to help you out. Love you!