Well, now that we are home I have to let myself speak of our journey home from the beginning. It was very cool that we actually got to get on the road when we did. KC and I actually were able to change my ob appointment with the 4D ultrasound earlier than planned. So we got that done. I will post pics of that, but really one isn't missing much. Poor little Abby had the umbilical wrapped around her face and during the ultrasound we could see that she was trying desperately to get it out of her way. As if she knew she was being photographed! It finally did slip and she did manage to give us a small smile. I was relieved to see that she indeed does not have KC's mustache!
So after that, we went home and I prepared the house for a month long vacancy. I emptied the trash, tidied up the house, vacuumed, did all the dishes and went through the fridge. I also made the beds and did all the laundry that I possibly could have because I didn't want that waiting for me when I get back!
Then KC proceeded to get the uhaul and on the muggiest day on record in the state of Alabama, we had it weighed, loaded than weighed again. It was not fun at all. After buying a small DVD player for the car for the boys and getting ready for both rigs for transport we finally were able to pull out of the driveway on schedule and made it all the way to Memphis on the first day of driving. It was rough but not until the second day did I feel it. I had forgot to bring a pillow so my back had been killing me and I was so exhausted I couldn't hardly focus a few times out of the day! The Toyota couldn't really pull with the strength we would have liked and KC got caught doing just about 45 mph on some of the freeways and it didn't help that it took that long. We got into Lincoln, Nebraska were we spent the second night and that was the longest day. We had a short rough day with the head winds against us and the gas mileage not helping KC along on day number 3, we ended up in Laramie, Wyoming for one final night before getting back to Idaho. We did start to feel the weather change. At one point we had to get out of the truck to fix a few things that were not tied down and KC and I just stood there on the highway taking in the nice, light, dry breeze!
We got to Idaho Falls where we unloaded a bunch of stuff on my family and friends. We were able to get a few things to my sister and to Melissa and Rich. We did manage to fit in a quick dinner with Joe and Jen and finally meet their new baby Sam! While KC and Joe sat and talked over a good scotch, I tried to keep my runts under control and coo at the baby at the same time!
Mom and Dad and Katie and Mikey and my brother Mike were all in Michigan at the time we came into town. So we just crashed at my folks' place for a few days before taking off on our trip to Oregon!
1 comment:
We were so glad you came to visit us tired new parents!
Post a Comment