Boy does it sure feel good to be part of the cyber world again! KC and I were just so happy to find a place that gave us internet access while still in our temp housing. So it works out great. We are doing wonderful! Other than the fact that I pulled a muscle in my back and KC has to get up at four am for the next five days! But he has Martin Luther King Jr Day off.
Yesterday we were able to go visit the Franconion Palace here in Ansbach. We haven't been there yet and I wanted to go. It has been hard to go to Rothenberg or Nurnberg with the kids and the cold weather so we just decided to make a day of it here. It was great. We had a guided tour of the place. I think it could have gone better but the lady hardly spoke any english so she couldn't tell us anything about the palace other than tell us the number of the rooms that coordinated with the english tour guide book. When KC took it a while back the guy giving the tour had lots of interesting tidbits about the palace and all who lived there. It was beautiful and very eye opening. It wasn't medevil or gothic. It was designed in 1705 so it feels more like the palace of Verseille. But the kids I think had fun. Thomas was just crazy about the fact that "an emperor" lived there. He kept asking where he was. I told him he didn't live there anymore and than Thomas asked who did. When I told him no one did, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "its too bad nobody gets to sleep in that big bed!" The Margraves bedroom had a neat bed in it. There was also a really neat proclein lantern chandelier that was given to the Margraves by Frederick the Great. I would post pictures, but they won't let you take any inside!
3 comments:
great to hear from you again. The kids sure all look like they are growing up fast!
Hi Chase Family,
Greetings from Vancouver, WA. Holly is still here trying to stay out of trouble and not suceeding as usual. I did make it to Europe (mcdata.blogspot.com for all the details, pics etc.)
Love you guys!
Thanks for the updates and pictures. Hugs to you all, Love, Aunt Bette Lou xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment