Sunday, January 25, 2009

As promised...

KC's shot. Notice the dark circles under the eyes. I am way tired after this weekend!
self portrait to set the flash right.
Shot with flash. Notice the little figure dashing in the back, its Thomas pretending to be one of the two kids from Bridge to Terabithia.


Ok, so I have been getting email regarding when I was going to put up the pics of my hair. I finally was able to do it. So I hope you like it (this is for you, Mary!). I find it so easy to manage. I think I will put highlights in it and then I want to learn to put curlers in it at night so I can get some cute looks going. Please tell me what you think. (That means you too, mom!)

Ok also while I have the time to upload pictures, Abby was four months old two days ago. As of this moment, she smiles at everything. She is eating well. She rolls around on the floor like crazy as you can see from the video last post, she laughs now, loves her big brother Thomas (mostly because he wants to be around her 24/7 and wants to share everything with her! She is sleeping through the night well and is still healthy! (knock on wood).

Update on Thomas:
My hyperactive five year old wishes to always sleep in his underwear at night with no pjs. I have to fight him tooth and nail on this issue. I usually give up but the last few weeks he always wakes up because he is cold. And about said underwear, he likes to wear them backwards. Is that normal?
He thinks Power Rangers : Jungle Fury is the coolest thing on the planet.
He has quite a good voice and can carry a tune wonderfully. He copies things almost to the T. He can sing all the songs from the jungle book and has the energy to run a small city for a decade.
He talks. He talks and yeah, he talks. When he wakes up he starts talking and it doesn't stop. He says good morning, tells me about his dream, that he needs to pee and brush his teeth and where are his clothes and whats for breakfast and when are we gonna do this or what are we doing today. It not just when he is with someone, I have witnessed him by himself and he talks aloud about everything he is doing from playing with toys, to tying his shoes. It only stops at night when he sleeps.
He has made a good friend Alex. Another five year old boy. Whose dad is a pilot as well so I think it will be nice. They will be in the same grade here.
loves to wrestle with dad and misses his cousins! Loves the snow and finding snails in the dirt!

Benjamin,
is getting over his fits, but they are not gone yet. Is talking remarkably well and loves to pretend to drive the car. He does whatever Thomas wants, for the most part. His favorite food is "cake" which can mean anything from bread to muffins to cinnamon rolls. Likes zip up his own coat and is showing immense potty training wants. He took a turn for the worst when we moved and I fear we move again this week, it will only hold him back. But nothing can be done about it.

KC:
He just had a full week of 4 am morning wake up calls and then on Saturday had a 24 hour staff duty stint. He is tired and so I am for that matter. We netflixed Bridge to Terabithia and watched it. I loved the movie. It was wonderfully done. KC felt a closeness to the boy in the movie, as he too had to live within a house of mostly females. I thank goodness I have my two boys outnumbering my girl. We ladies can be terrible siblings! I would recommend the movie though. We move out of this house on Thursday (God willing) and into our house where we shall await the coming of our house hold goods with anxiousness. We have had three people scare us because their stuff was torn to shreds when it arrived! So we shall see.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I love the new hair cut.
About the underwear issue: Noah likes to wear his backwards, too. I think it's so he can see the design on the butt. :)

Mrs. Craig said...

Absolutely Beautiful MANDY! I love your hair. It makes you look like a HOT MOMMA! I personally think it makes you look younger too!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks absolutely fabulous! It makes me want to cut my hair, too (much to Don's dismay!) :)

Unknown said...

Mandy your new haircut is perfect. I like how it layers around your face... so much easier I bet. You have given me the motivation to have my hair styled. Kids look happy and are growing so fast. Abigail sure is a cutie. Hope all goes well with moving into your new place. I'll keep checking your blog every few days. Love,Aunt Maggie

FluffyChicky said...

The hair looks awesome!

And don't worry about the backwards underwear wearing...just worry if he starts wanting to go "commando" everywhere. :)