Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back on the Grid!

Well, it seems like forever, but here we are! Back in buisness at our new place. We have been here a week, received our stuff, then the Army sent us more stuff, figured out all but one of our pieces of furniture could make it up and down the German staircases, found a broken DVD player amid our stuff (I guess its now time to update to Blue Ray anyway) and loving it! I have sooo much to do but yet I haven't been happier being busy setting up shop! I am going through the boys clothes getting rid of a bunch of Ben's clothes he doesn't fit into, then I have to organized all our stuff. So needless to say I am occupied. Abby has caught another cold. Her nose started running yesterday before her immunization well baby check up. But she had no fever and they gave her the shots. She seems to be just sleeping, eating and usually when she is happy she is cranky. So that has sort of slowed me down.
But just in case any of you were wondering, her stats are:
13.8 lbs
24 inches long
39.5 cm head circumfrence
She is in the 75% on her charts. She is growing happily and the doc who looked at her had such great delight in her! he is a flight surgeon who usually just does physicals for pilots and crew hasn't done a well baby in a while and he came in and was just delighted to have her. She smiled and giggled at him when he looked in her ears, she grabbed his stethoscope and shook it hard so she could get it off his neck. And the whole time she was just cooing or talking and laughing. I have to say it was quite nice.He kept calling her Miss Universe because he thought she was so beautiful. At the end he said he wished he could have patients more like her! (Usually babies don't like being looked over). Needless to say I am so proud of my daughter! (Can you tell!:)
But I will post pictures soon I promise. But its so nice I am busy doing stuff in our house! It really is beautiful and it feels like home!

1 comment:

Mrs. Craig said...

I feel your pain of the unpacking. My husband said he would help, but needless to say I cant think of one box that he unpacked. :) Wait..maybe one....no...no...not even one.

With that aside, I know you are happy to see something familiar I bet. Nothing like having your things.

Check this, I asked Reilly if he wanted some candy today and you know what he told me? His exact words "No, Momma I too fat."

I couldnt for the life of be figure out where he has heard that. I would NEVER EVER turn down candy nor would I say that. I made him eat the candy and told him to enjoy life..he he he.