Friday, November 6, 2009

Our trip home...

Our trip home was wonderful (espeically considering now that I am still trying to recover from whatever nasty bug KC gave us when we got off the plane).
We went to Ramstein Air Force Base and were able to see that place for three days while we waited for a flight out of there. I was so excited. It might just be that I had heard of this particular AFB since I watch Iron Eagle when I was like six and it was mentioned! I actually was there! Check that one off the list. We first flew out on a C-17 to Dover, Delaware. Since it was a Sunday, there wasn't anything to do except wait around the terminal until they opened up the USO room. Fate smiled on us though and by the afternoon we were on our way out of there on a c-5! I loved that one. Its huge! I didn't even feel the thing land. I tell you, if you got the time, Space A was the only way to go!
We landed at Travis AFB, rented a car and drove up to my mother in law's home in Oregon. I was so excited for all the aunts and uncles and cousins to come and meet Abby. She was a bit un agreeable at first, but than Grandma pulled out all the stops and pretty soon they were good friends. She took her first horseback ride on Mini Pearl, got to hang out with Daddy's best friend, Uncle Lucas (who was able to take a whole week off of work to come and visit!) Brandi and Mom broke out their guitars and we were able to have an afternoon jam session in the living room. Anna, KC's younger sister, brought her dog Dusty and joined us for a great time. We played pinochle and tried very hard to not to cry when it was all over. Brandi got her German beer Stein hand delivered to her and the kids and the grown boys got to go do some shooting of the local jackrabbit population while were there in the sticks!
After we left we made the rounds and went and saw Aunt Bette Lou, Gary Kelsy and Logan near Redmond, than we got to go to Aunt Zoe's house and see and meet Great Grandma Chase. None of these wonderful people have ever met Abby so we were overjoyed. Then before we knew it, it was time to go! We ended up back in Idaho Falls where KC got to see some friends from college and go fishing for two days...(his real vacation he says).
After he left, I opted to stay longer and help mom out with stuff since she was supposed to have surgery on her hand. We got invited to a Halloween party and the kids had a great time. I had to buy Thomas a Storm Trooper costume and Mikey and him had a great time. I can't tell you how fun it was to be home. I miss the states a lot! I was able to do some Christmas shopping and get some of that out of the way. We were able to watch 17 Again with my brothers, and I love that movie. i can't wait to head home again on the 10th of December and go see New Moon. I ask for some great prayers so we have a safe flight! This return home journey is going to take 11 1/2 hours!

No comments: