Ok, so we all were able to go back to the states for KC's leave. I ended up staying a few extra weeks at home. While there I managed to stay out of any serious illness with the kids. With every cotton picking thing going around now, we stayed inside a lot. No play areas (except one), no movie theaters and hardly any restaurants. With mom and dads help we were able to keep the kids pretty much entertained and ill free. I even boarded an airplane and took all necessary precautions.
However, thirty minutes after we landed in Frankfurt, KC picked us up on Thursday morning (Germany time), and was spiking a fever and coughing his head off. Within 36 hours all of us had fevers, hacking coughs and no energy. When KC went to sick call they sent him home with a flu. Seems everyone in Katterbach (at least with kids) has it as well. Everyone was so ill that we couldn't do ANYTHING for Halloween. I find it ironic that I thought about changing my return date so the kids could do all eight thousand fun filled Halloween activities planned in Idaho Falls, but needed to spend the 31st in the company of their dad. (Halloween just so happens to be one of his very favorite times of the year! Oh well, I guess its the thought that counts!)
Thomas was really the only one upset by all this. They did put on their ninja costumes for the afternoon, but really all they did was sit on the couch and try to recooperate. As of right now, all the fevers have broken. Abby was also teething at this same time, so you can imagine how much sleep I have been getting. KC is still sick with fever and cough. It just doesnt seem to want to let go of him. So I would ask that you all remember him in your prayers.
Today is the one of the first days I feel up to doing anything besides trying to find time to nap. So I am going to try to unpack the rest of our stuff and as a small "make-up" session, we are going to make carmel apples today, watch Halloween kid movies and let the boys and Abby wear their costumes and maybe I will get the pictures taken. But who knows.
I just want some more energy. I will post pictures of our visit state side as soon as I can, but now that you all know why we have been absent from our blogging site, I am sure you can forgive us.
1 comment:
Remarkable! Its genuinely remarkable post, I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this article.
Post a Comment