Friday, February 3, 2012

Alliera's birthday

Two years ago, I had the wonderful and yet scary opportunity to be in the hospital for two reasons. Benjamin was on the peds floor awaiting surgery for the strep infection that had raged out of control with a fever of 105. After the fever calmed down and he fell asleep, Sarah texted me from downstairs in the OB wing. She was in full labor and expecting the baby to come at any moment. This is significant because she was told at 23 weeks her child could have Edwards Syndrome and not live long after birth. Shortly before midnight Alliera arrived, pink, happy and healthy!!!

I am happy to report that we were able to spend her birthday celebration together this year. I don't think she will ever mind sharing her birthday with ground hog's day!!!

 Sarah, Brad and Ally
 Add big brother
 Oh candles!!!
 Ah! Cake! It is all good!
 Good cake!
 Presents!
 The highlight of the night was by far, this baby doll stroller (which I knew she would love because Abby has one just like it!!)
 "hurry and put it together mom!"
 Babies go in!!
 Success!!!
 After being made to open the other gifts, she always goes back to this one!


 She plays with this while Abby goes and gets her stroller and baby!
 Cute shot of two little girl cousins!!
 In the living room....
.....and out of the living room to play!
All in all I think it was a successful two year old birthday party!! 

No comments: