On Monday I aimed for "Supermom" status and achieved it. I was up early with the breakfast made before kids were up, coffee made before Army hubby left for PT and even got in some great reading (if any of you care, its called The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel). I left the house with every little thing in the car that needed to be there, mailed off, in the purse for later use, or packed up for kids at school activies (Ben needs full winter gear some days at school and I lug this stuff around). When we got to school, we realized that because school had been cancelled the day before, the kids never got to wear their orange shirts with jeans to support childhood luekemia research (one of the students in the school is currently going through treatments for this). But what did I have in the car? The required clothing for them to change into! Hooah! I had permission slips signed and to the teacher, money in for fund raiser and check in the office for lunches. Mail delivered to the box, papers turned in at the county clerks office and stopped in at sisters house to say hi. Damn I was good.
I got home, cleaned, read, researched, exercised (this is a big one for me), played educational stuff with Abby even sat in my own quiet time to pray. I even have everything grated and ready for dinner before the kids even got home from school.
Fast forward to today (sigh). Up late, Ben stayed home because of a cough and a new medication the doc put him on. While walking out the door Abby tripped in the wet icy pathway. I drop Thomas off 30 min late!!!! I hurry to get to MCCW on Ft. Drum post by 0930 so we can begin. Did I mention I woke up late meaning I haven't showered, I was wearing the clothes from the day before, my hair wasn't brushed and I think I put my contacts in the wrong eyes so there was so blurryishness going on. I finally get to the meeting only to discover there is no childcare that day and so I have to keep the kids occupied (no big deal, but I would have liked the child care). I start to smell something, something really nasty. I look down and realize Abby's boots are all covered in dog poop, which I ascertain she must have gotten on while walking down the path and when she fell I just didn't notice.
The poop is now all over my clothes and coat and purse (and I realize sadly it must be in the car carpet too). Now not only do I look crappy, I smell it too. I guess there is something to be said to feel on top of the world one day and then having to smell like dog turd the next!!!
2 comments:
I just came across your blog and love it! Especially this post. Every day life as a mom huh?! ;) gotta love it!
What your sons school is doing for leukemia is amazing. My best childhood friend passed away from it when we were 7. You are amazing, go girl!
Oh, the ups and downs of motherhood.
I hate, hate, hate dog poop; hope your next days are better. :)
Post a Comment