A blog started to chronicle the lives of a hard working family and too keep in touch with loved ones! Its a crazy time in life right now, but I am sure we wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Be careful what you say!
Well today was good. We were a bunch of home-bodies, but we prefer it that way most weekends. But this evening, we were invited to a surprise party for one of KC's WOCS buddies Adam, who KC will also be going through BlackHawk school with. He is a Halloween baby but his wife through him a SURPRISE party tonight since he has to start advanced flight training the day of his birthday! So anyway, we go and duh us, we brought the kids! Their are candles there, spooky Halloween stuff every where and the party is being held at a bachelor pad (i.e. not childproofed). I stayed for about a half hour (cause that is all I could take). I pulled KC aside and told him there was no way I could watch the boys anymore and have a good time. Its nearly impossible to enjoy a gathering in someone else's place because you are worried about 2 things concerning your kids. 1.) The boys could get into something and get physically hurt (i.e. poisonous household cleaners, staircases, firearms etc...) and 2.) You are worried about ruining your friends place (i.e. setting the place on fire, spilled candle wax, stained carpet, pouring water on the sound system, dumping food on every available spot to sit etc...). So we loaded the kids and not thinking anything of it, I drive home. When we get back and the boys are getting ready for bed, I notice Thomas is just sitting on the bed not saying much (and coming from my son, that is quite a surprise). When I ask him what is wrong, he just blurts out "I'm sorry I ruined the party for you mommy." Through all that noise and commotion, he heard me tell KC I had to leave because I couldn't watch the boys any longer. My heart just burst right there! After a while of reassuring him there was absolutely nothing to be sorry for, we had a hugging session, a tickle-fest and some book readings with little brother Ben. When we got down beside our bed to say our prayers he added quietly "and thank you for letting us come home early, the party wasn't that good anyway". :) All I could do was smile, thank God for my son and remember to be careful what I say...even when I think he can't hear me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aaw...good lesson for soon-to-be-parents. :)
Post a Comment