Saturday, October 6, 2007

visitor on our porch




Well we seemed to have made a friend who now lives on our back porch. I went outside to do a few things in the backyard and was scared to death when I came about two inches away from a garden spider who made her web in the nook by the door. She is huge! Well KC decided to feed her a few grasshoppers and a moth and then she left at night. We couldn't find her anywhere. By morning, she did it again only to make a web on the other side of the porch opposite the door. Which I ran into her again face to face! Yikes! But apparently she likes us, she made a nice huge web which goes from the porch railing all the way up to the roof! KC fed her a cockroach and she ate it whole. She is kind of a neat looking spider. I do stay away from her though.

Ben had his one year appt well baby check up on Tuesday. He had his immunizations and blood draw. They checked for lead and anemia. Turns out he was a little anemic. Which also could factor into why he still sucks his fingers all the time. (Which I voiced concerns over at his nine month check up but they kept telling me not to worry about it). So he is on iron supplements for the next two months and then he is wearing a home-made splint on his left arm. We put it on him when he sleeps or if he won't take the fingers out of his mouth. He doesn't really like it, but he doesn't mind it either. For that I am grateful!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Two thumbs up (pardon the pun) for your creative splint!