Thursday, October 11, 2007
















A wonderful day here in Alabama! The temperature is pretty nice at a non-muggy 71 degrees. I took the boys to the park this morning with my friend Amy from Mom's Group from church. She has four children, her oldest are twins and they are four. So Thomas got along great with both. Of course Ben just did his own thing (its kind of what he does at this stage). Yesterday, Ben received his first haircut, KC gave him a buzz cut. I was sort of sad to see the long blond baby fine hair go. But he does look older now!
Also, after weeks of waiting, we finally got new stairs on our back patio! Yeah! I have a safe place to walk when I need to go into the yard! It took only a matter of a few hours for the guys to cut it and nail it and put it in place. All the ruckus the workers caused scared our spider visitor off. She was there when the work began. After they broke down the wood that was there and started pounding, they broke for lunch and when they came back, she and her web were gone. Those types of spiders are called Banana Spiders because they have such long bodies. I hope she stays away but something inside me says she may just pop up and scare me again when I am least expecting it!
A personal shout out to my mom who I hope gets to read this before she leaves. HAVE A GREAT TIME THIS WEEKEND! She (along with 65 other ladies) is headed off into the secluded woods with only a CB radio for communication for a four day quilting retreat. This crazy marathon of sewing starts today and ends on Sunday! I personally know she has a plethora of projects that are undone! Sew away mom, sew away!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow..first haircut already! :) The stairs look nice.