Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Day!

All of my boys in the cotton!
Thomas and his toothy grin!
Ben just loves being outside period!
Enjoying the game after all the food at Sharon's place! (note all the kid toys!)
My turkey cupcakes!

We had a great Thanksgiving over at my friend Sharon's house. We cooked a turkey and brought it over to her place, which was decorated to the hilt for the holiday! Eran joined us as we sat and watched the football, ate, drank and was merry! There was this awesome cranberry cobbler/crisp thing that was great! I even ignored the pumpkin pie because of it! But it was nice, we missed family of course, but it was a very nice day! I also made some of my turkey cupcakes as a desert (well, pumpkin cupcakes, just decorated like turkeys). I came across the recipe the first year KC and I were married and I have made them every year since. So we distributed them to the neighbors and tried to keep the candy away from Thomas! Also, we went out to the house of a friend of mine this morning. Diane and her husband have chickens, geese and turkeys on their little farm. We buy fresh eggs from them constantly and now we are going to buy our turkey from them for Christmas. Thomas and Ben were able to see the animals this morning. It was great to let them run around, but on the way out there, we passed several fields of cotton. So we decided to get out of the car and take a few pictures! As close to snow in Alabama as it gets!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I've never seen real cotton fields before...it looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.