Saturday, March 15, 2008

Putting the watch back on!

KC and Thomas
At the family day!
Ben with eggs!
Happy boys!
Benjamin with no smile!
Thomas with his spikey hair!
Well, its been nearly five years since I have worn a watch. Now, this might seem strange to some of you, but when I went to school, had a job, a boyfriend and social life, time really did matter! I had to be certain places at certain times. After I got pregnant with Thomas, I worked up until I was seven months along, then went home to get ready for the baby. After about a week of realizing looking at my watch wouldn't make KC come home from his job any faster, or make the day slow down or speed up and it didn't matter what time I woke up in the morning, I took the watch off one day before getting in the shower. After the shower, I shrugged and put it in my jewelery box and there it has stayed. After Thomas was born, time really flew out the window! Babies do not care what time it is. You are on their schedule! Feedings, naps, playtime etc. Still to this day I laugh because I used to love Fridays and weekends! I looked forward to them! Now, they do not mean a darn thing! Let me clarify, there is no such thing as a day off....ever again after children. However, this is not a bad thing, just somewhat annoying. Now this is coming from the perspective of a stay at home mom. All my buddies who went back to work after the baby naturally kept some sort of time. Now, all of my friends who don't have kids (or didn't at the time) will now see why I never could stop asking the questions of "You want to meet me for lunch? What time is it? What day is it?"
So the other day I realized, now with Thomas being older, I do have to take him places, lessons, play dates, and I have started home schooling him for preschool and that has been hard for me because he needs to be a on a schedule. Now, my days get shorter and I can't keep up with anything it seems! So I have to maximize my time. The watch battery has long since died, so I had to wear KC's old one, just until we get a new battery.
So in keeping with that theory of time, KC had his final family day yesterday! Thanks to my watch, I was on time! Thomas and Ben, once again got to climb all over a UH-60 Helicopter. We met the commander at the unit where KC is training, I got to meet his stick buddy, who it turns out I already knew because she goes to our church, but didn't know she was a pilot, or KC's stick buddy.
I also sat down to get some pictures of the boys in some nice Easter out fits! I am always determined that my family will look nice at church, even if we look disheveled, we put on the appearance of, "hey we tried". Church is a holy place, so there fore a little effort in what you wear and how you look isn't asking too much! So especially for Easter, I always want to take it up a notch. Since this is the most holy time in the Church's liturgical calender, I want to reflect that in the dress! So I put the boys in something cute, not too over the top (they are little boys after all) and tried to line them up for some pictures. Better to try to keep a wave upon the sand! Last year it was easy! This year, I had to take over 60 shots on the digital and I only have three good ones that turned out! Yikes! I couldn't even get Ben to smile! I actually had to bribe him with marsh mellows to get him to sit still!
Also in other updates, I went to see the doc on Monday. I would post a picture of the kid, but the ones they printed me out didn't turn out very well. Everything looks fine, the baby is doing wonderful and even the doctor said I look well. I on the other hand I beg to differ. This kid is messing with everything about me! Stuff I normally enjoy, is becoming disgusting to me! I love red tea with strawberries. I had this the other night and apparently, the baby did not like it. I was sick for six and half hours all night long. I finally found a tea (white tea with asian plum) that agrees with me. All my favorite foods from yogurt to the Applebees Asian Chicken salad have had me gagging! Toast, scrambled eggs and plain white rice seem to work well. So I hope this passes soon! Although I am sooo happy I am going to be traveling back up to home in the next week and half! I have had a hankering for Smitty's Pancake house potato pancakes. Maybe they will work! I hope! I will find out the sex of the baby on April 29th. I know its a girl!
So, here it is Saturday and KC is preparing for his final week of flight training! It seems like we have been here for an eternity! But I have started packing up books and will next take down pictures! So hopefully as stuff starts going in boxes, I will have more space!

1 comment:

Orchid said...

I understand what you mean - I rarely wear a watch either. Let us know what you find out. Pink or blue is always exciting.