Thursday, March 11, 2010

Westward!


It has been a while since it was just me and my three babes, so after a recooping time for Ben, since his little surgery, I packed up my parents Buick and headed west to Oregon to see the other side of the family-my in laws.
Now, most people don't like their in laws, I lucked out. When I married my husband, the family I married into was wonderful! They are supportive, smart, funny and devoted. I love em all sooo much!
I got in the car and drove the six hours to the border of Idaho/Oregon, had a rendevous with my two sisters in law, mother in law and the kids' cousins. A good time was had by all as my sister in law, who makes the BEST salsa in the world, pulled out the red carpet. We ate, and ate well! We enjoyed our visit. Ben wasn't too sour, Thomas behaved himself (somewhat) and Abby stole the spot light a dozen times. Mom in law and I played pinochle and won!!! Then, the last night we stayed I got to hear some really good guitar music, skillfully provided by both Mom in law, and Sis in law.
The main reason Thomas likes going however, is not because he has a blast with cousins and has neat adventures to hay stacks and finds sticks and rocks, it is because at the relatives place, there are dogs. I can't tell you all how much Thomas just wants a dog. Usually there are kittens too, but this time, no such luck, just a prego cat, so maybe when we go back in a few weeks, there will be some kittens! 

1 comment:

Jen said...

JOe says, "I'll give Thomas TWO dogs!" :)