Thomas has missed his little friend Sarah. Sarah is a girl he met at an Italian restaurant in Ansbach one night about 16 months ago. Long story short, Sarah came to our table and introduced herself right away and proceeded to ask Thomas 60 questions without taking a breath. He then proceeded to give answers to those 60 questions without taking a breath. And every time they saw eachother from then on, at any military outing or family day, they have been inseparable. They are the same age, and ironically enough Sarah has a little sister (Grace) who is Ben's age and a little brother (Jonathan) who is Abby's age. Well, Sarah's mom and I have been planning a playdate forever! So finally, we got around to doing something. In a German village called Gunsenhausen, there is a wonderful play place. We spent five hours there on Monday. Racing cars, trampolines, jumpy toys and they even had a special place for the very young kids like Abby and Jonathan. The biggest thing I adore about Germany is the fact you can bring your own stuff with you when you go somewhere. Sure they have a snack bar and a deli, but you can pack your own snacks and drinks. Its not like in America where I am always inventing ways to smuggle food into every place because I refuse to pay 5.00$ for nachos! The down side of that is that they have NO garbage cans! None! I don't like that. But, despite that, we had a blast. I fully intend on going back when KC is on R and R.
(A side note for dad and anyone else who wants to read):
And it has to be said that now, Ben is starting to ask questions. Off the wall, 3 year old questions. Today after breakfast he was hanging out in the kitchen with me and just out of no where asked "Mom, does R2D2 go potty?" In that oh-so-adorable three year old voice. I love this age, right passed the potty training and they are coming into their own.
2 comments:
Looks like fun!
Looks awesome!!!
Post a Comment