Today we had two near calamity situations that could have resulted in terrible things. First while I was outside in the backyard with the kids in the kiddie pool, Ben got out and started walking around in the grass. KC came out and stood at the top of the stairs. I was at the bottom of them and noticed Ben just walking toward me. He followed his feet to a couple of dried leaves near the corner of the patio where the lip of the banister was. While I was talking to KC I placed my hand on the banister and the whole lip of it fell off! Right over Benjamin's head. It came within centimeters of smashing right on top of his cranium. The full weight of the thing as it fell! I was shocked and thanking God as I scooped him up. First thing Monday I have to call the landlord because KC has been patching that damn thing together at least six times in the last three months, but that was just the stairs. I will keep posted on that.
If that wasn't enough of a shock the first time, we were in the house and Ben was walking next one of the windows in the office, and Thomas was playing with a few of his toys on the floor. He through a stuffed animal and it hit the blinds which came collapsing down near Ben's head. It was then that I figured, new curtains would look great and a new deck was soon to be in the future. In my heart I said a silent prayer of thanks to whatever Guardian Angel had been assigned to my son!
2 comments:
What's the saying? God watches over small children and drunks?? :)
I'm so glad that he is safe. Did you call your landlord yet?
Post a Comment