Friday, September 21, 2007

Life in Alabama

My little Chef!
Stick buddies already!

Eran and KC after the game.


Go boys! Go!



Ben in his new shoes-sitting in Misty's Arkansas fold out chair!





KC waiting to go in for another play!




Thomas and his dragonfly!
KC was put on funeral detail once more to wait until blackhawk school begins. Its been beautiful lately, but today it rained. Which it hasn't the past week. So we took yet another trip to the aviation museum on post. It's one of Thomas' favorite things to do. And its free, so I have no complaints. The boys posed for a pic in the simulator helicopter which I will post. They loved it. Also, KC's season of flag football has started and we were able to get to his game on Wed night. Eran had recruited him to play and he now plays Center-the position in which he played in high school. I was standing there with all the other wives and/or moms trying to control their kids. I got lots of shots of the boys. The shoes that Ben is wearing are a birthday gift courtesy of Grandma Diana. He loves them, wish they made em adult size cause they sure do feel comfy! Thomas and Ben played on the track and had fun.
With the weather so good lately, Thomas has found a treasure trove of bugs, including dragonflies, a huge two inch hornet (no joke-we killed it and put it in a jar), and a brown widow spider (which KC identified and promptly killed). He is very proud of his dragonfly pic so I posted it for you all to see.
I am slowly teaching Thomas how to cook. He has taken interest in it. When I go into the kitchen he follows me and asked me what I am doing, if I answer "cooking", he replies "can I help?" He loves to help me make bread stuff like muffins and pancakes, but he is just amazed when I do something like peel carrots or potatos for stew. He is anxious to be "old enough so he can use the knife", in his own words! :) He helps me add all the ingredients and stir. He even help me put the layers on the lasagna we made the other night. Starting him early so I can make him a five star chef! KC is a good cook, but he is a one course kinda guy! Meat, meat and more meat. God help him if he ever has to throw a salad or side dish together! I figure this is just training for Thomas to earn those extra brownie points when he is trying to impress girls. In the words of Rachael Ray "I would have to marry a man who cooks, and cooks good...its the sort of thing that would be a deal breaker for me." That does bring me to another point, how many extra points does he get if he not only cooks the meal, but does the dishes afterwords? I am thinking I am gonna have some pretty happy daughter-in-laws!






1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad you have a good helper in the kitchen. Thanks for posting all the great pictures.