Well September is finally here and we are welcoming it in our neck of the woods with thunderstorms and lightening. Already Thomas is speaking of becoming a pirate for Halloween! But I know he wants to be Spiderman, we shall have to see! I want to take a minute and shout out a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jen (and her twin, Amy)! I hope you celebrated in style! Also, this past week we were honored to attend the baptism of the daughter of our good friends Sean and Sharon. Laura Leanna Miller had her special day at 9:00am mass and then we all went back to the Miller's place to celebrate with a great brunch! The honey, home cooked ham was the best I have ever had! I loved it alot! Thomas again enjoyed playing with all the toys in Stephen's play room! After that we got to go over to Eran's place and enjoyed his pool in the town house complex in which he lives. KC met some other guys from naval reserve who fly medivac helicopters and so the topic of conversation quickly turned to birds (like that is anything new with pilots and their toys!)
My Mothers of Ministry group at church started up again and I am so psyched because this year we will be meeting twice a month instead of just once! That group, in one word is: therapy! I am a better person because of it and I love all the ladies in there! Most of them are southern, born and bred, but the others are like me, military wives whose husbands fly helicopters. We are reading and discussing Dr. Scott Hahn (professor of biblical theology) and his book The Lamb's Supper. I hope to devour it slowly and enjoy it!
And in other news, KC took his Basic Warfighting Skills Check ride and aced it! Technically he was supposed to have bird selection on Thursday, but the Army once again decided that it would take its sweet time about letting those good ole boys choose their aircrafts! So we are stuck with the waiting game until next week! I guess we can wait a little longer. I put up some pics for everyone to see. Here are just some random ones I think everybody will like including the one of Leanna and of course Thomas and his many bug and lizard finds!
My Mothers of Ministry group at church started up again and I am so psyched because this year we will be meeting twice a month instead of just once! That group, in one word is: therapy! I am a better person because of it and I love all the ladies in there! Most of them are southern, born and bred, but the others are like me, military wives whose husbands fly helicopters. We are reading and discussing Dr. Scott Hahn (professor of biblical theology) and his book The Lamb's Supper. I hope to devour it slowly and enjoy it!
And in other news, KC took his Basic Warfighting Skills Check ride and aced it! Technically he was supposed to have bird selection on Thursday, but the Army once again decided that it would take its sweet time about letting those good ole boys choose their aircrafts! So we are stuck with the waiting game until next week! I guess we can wait a little longer. I put up some pics for everyone to see. Here are just some random ones I think everybody will like including the one of Leanna and of course Thomas and his many bug and lizard finds!
1 comment:
Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Post a Comment