Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ben's Potty training updates....

There are, I have learned, five steps to potty training.

1. Making sure your kid is familiar with toliet/potty chair and not afraid of its flushing sound

2. Knowing when to start potty training (showing interest, waking up dry etc...)

3. Your child will go on the toliet when you put him or her on it (and you have hid all the diapers, pullups and diapers of younger siblings)

4. They TELL you when they need to go, either in the home or on an outing like the grocery store.*

5.They go all by themselves with or without telling you *

*4 and 5 are the most important when being close to done


Ben right now is past stage 3. But not quite at stage 4. So I keep working on it. I just don't know when it will "click" with him to TELL me. But as it is, he is coming along with mminimal accidents. He is different than Thomas. All we had to do for him was take away chocolate milk and bam! He knew he had to go.

No comments: