Ok, thought I would take a moment to update you all on the progress of the family. And I wanted to take a break from the trip posts...which will be coming in its final installment probably tomorrow.
First and foremost, KC is scheduled to deploy sometime right before Christmas. I have not yet been through a full scale year long deployment, so I ask you all to keep us in your prayers as I transition to taking over all the duties of the household. KC just wants to hurry up and go so he can be back. He is happy though, there was talk of him leaving this month a while back, but now he will be able to be here through Abigails first year and Ben's birthday, our anniversary, and we will have our own little Christmas and birthday celebration before he leaves.
I am doing well, still always and forever trying to keep the house in order and still always and forever falling behind, but I am trying. I am trying to get myself on a work out schedule, it doesn't seem to be too bad. I have to do it in the morning or at night after the kids go to bed, but I am determined! Even with all the wedding food in Romania I did manage to loose five pounds! (I am sure that was because of the three sick kids and running around all the time).
I was asked to head up my women's group at church come this fall. I am happy to do it and I want to see where it will take me. Also I am probably going to be teaching religious education as well. I did this in college and again while in Idaho Falls at my parish school, I wasn't planning on doing it, but five very involved families at church are leaving to go to other duty stations and most of the teachers are with them. So it looks as though that is what will happen. Its just a jumble at the moment and we shall have to see how the autumn unfolds.
Abigail has gotten so big and as of tomorrow will be nine months old. I can't believe how much she has grown in such a short time. She said her first word, "da da", much to my dissapointment-KC is now 3 for 3. But she spoke it in Romania on June 8th. She clapped her hands four days ago and now waves to people. She loves to crawl. She HATES the playpen, and loves to bulldoze daddy when she gets the chance. She pulls herself up on anything and now walks, very slowly, along furniture. Still no teeth yet, but Thomas didn't pop his first one until 10 months, so I won't worry. She is also my only child who puts everything in her mouth. And I mean, everything!!! This is one point where she differs from her older brother...a lot. Her hair is starting to get thicker and she is rapidly outgrowing clothes. I cried when I had to go through her things (yet again) and toss stuff that won't button or is too snug. (sniffle)
Benjamin:
Ah Benjamin! We have made considerable progress!!! I am excited to report that a few days ago, we went from 1st gear in potty training all the way to 5th! Benjamin woke up dry one morning, I put him on the potty and he went. After that he ate a bunch of grapes and ended up going poop too that day! (Yes, this is my life, its why God made mothers, to take care of, feed, educate, entertain and potty train children). Within two days he had only one accident and is now wearing underwear. Its so nice to see my little two year old in underwear! I hope we can soon stop buying the pullups! His two year old attitude is quickly starting to vanish. He still has his bouts with Thomas about what toys to share, but I know that is normal. He is using complete sentences now and his vocab has skyrocketed almost overnight. He uses words every day that I know he has never used before. He sings along with every song we play in the car, even the german language ones and is starting to ride his bike the correct way.
Thomas:
Not much here, he continues to pave the way of childhood for me as first born. I get introduced to new ages and stages through him. I have him registered for soccer in the fall and will post some tball trophy party pictures as soon as I am able. He is registered for Kindergarden in the fall, but at this point I am still strongly considering the possibility of homeschooling him. I have had a showering of good luck, all those families that are stationed elsewhere gave me scveral boxes of clothes, shoes, coats, books and sport stuff from their out grown sons. So Thomas is set for the next 18 months at least!
No comments:
Post a Comment