Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Abbys first birthday
















Well, Abby turned 1 year old a week ago. I have been insanely busy with everything that has been happening here! But I wanted to have everyone see her! She is le petite! She is only 17 lbs! So ofcourse she still needs to be put in a rear facing car seat. Which is crazy to me! Both the boys were turned around at that time! But they are saying now the place that is the safest for your kids is rearfacing as long as possible 1-2 years.
I can't even begin to describe where the time went! The year has been both long yet has gone by quickly. I remember her sleeping soundly in the hospital! I recall painful hours of trying to get all her paperwork done before we left Alabama! I just remember everything about it. It was highly stressful at the time. Moving, with a new born. Those first months here in Germany I remember as being very, very dark. Away from my family and support system, it was cold and the days were short. We had such a problem with the housing office here and spent most of that time cramped up in a hotel room! But just to see how far she has grown! I shall miss her baby days sooo much as she steps into the world of the toddler. I am afraid I will wake up tomorrow and she will be driving the car and getting ready to graduate high school!

She is so communicative! While she doesn't make a lot of noise and chibber chabber away, she talks good. She says 'hi', 'mom' and 'dad'. She is starting to say her name but only gets as far as "Ahhhbbbb'. She will say Ben really faintly but you can hear it if you are listening close enough. She hasn't offically taken her 'first steps' yet, but I am sure it will come soon enough. She has 4 big teeth. Her top two would give Julia Roberts a run for her money! Her eyes as far as I am concerned are still hazel, and her hair is a tuft on top of her head. I finally am able to put some little pony tails in it, but they don't do much at this point. I am not going to cut it EVER! She is a good eater, smiles all the time and is loved by everyone. In fact, the only reason anyone of my German neighbors knows me is because I am the American wife who has the little adorable baby girl! Well that is something I guess!

Her party went well. We just had a few friends over and celebrated the usual way! She won't care about her 1st birthday as much as I did! I sure had fun making that super pink cake!!!

But even that was trumped by the cool toys and outfits the Suciu clan sent her; topped off with her very own stuffed buffalo from Grandma Chase! She got some bathtub toys from Daddy, Mommy and the set of Big Brothers, and Alex, Evie, Julia and Tony gave her some Mega Blocks, but they are PINK mega blocks! She just loves them! She had on her special party dress and after dinner and cake, we had a wonderful bath and straight to bed!!

2 comments:

Joe K said...

Happy Birthday Abby! You and your brothers are getting so big!

FluffyChicky said...

I love the stuffed buffalo! Every girl needs a stuffed buffalo.

I can't believe that she is a year old already.

And I had to giggle at Benjamin in his spiderman costume. Does he ever take that thing off? :)