Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Pics

So our fourth of July went very well. I forgot the stroller! So amid the hundereds of people at our Indepedence Day celebration I had to hold Abby the whole time....on my hip....for three and half hours. There were SO MANY kids there. I learned you can't really take a good fourth of July picture when the kids are trying to sit on jumpy toys. And that Thomas not only loves to ride the mechanical bull, but is pretty darn good at it! 
Both Thomas and Ben got their faces painted, but the elder boy got sick of his before I could photograph it! He was on those jumpy toys and sweating up a storm. Abby had a great time, we ate some food, had ALOT of water and stayed until I realized I didn't have any extra diapers in my bag. So at 1930 we left for home. I realize now that I could have just borrowed one or two from one of the many moms that were there. But we did come back for fireworks! Thomas and Ben need the fire works. In my family, those chinese wonders are the cream of the crop when it comes to the 4th!!!! Abby had a great time and kept clapping and shouting "Boom! Boom! More boom boom!!!"
They spared no expense as we watched the show. I found a parking spot near the air field and actually let the kids sit on the top of the car. Abby was in Thomas' lap the whole time. There they were, their precious American faces being lit up by the firework light. I reached in the car to grab the camera and....realized I had forgotten it when I ran home. So, in short, it was great; minus the no pictures thing at the end of the day.
 Dad sent me an awesome recipe for a "freedome cake". A regular cake decorated with red white and blue and stars and stuff. I didn't get to it this year, but next year dad....its a go!    Remember Patick Henry everybody....."I know not what course others may take....but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!!!!"   I second that motion!!!

No comments: