Thursday, July 29, 2010

Edelweiss! Edelweiss!

This past weekend, in an attempt to clear my head, I attended a spouses retreat at the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Garmisch, Germany. They provided childcare (score!) and I had a fabulous time reconnecting with other adults in a days worth of seminars, workshops and classes designed for spouses of deployed soldiers.
I felt so relaxed there! It is right on the border between Germany and Austria. The kids had a fabulous time as there was a pool there, moutains and a play ground.
Its an American installation, but its got the authentic german flavor to it!

The scenery was breathtaking...oh I missed moutains!


This was the scene from the front lobby!

The kids were happy to get away from the house. They loved it! It took a four hour bus ride, but that is ok, I didn't have to pay for gas and I didn't have to drive. You have to go through downtown Munich to get there. So for me that's a big "no"!
We didn't get a chance to take the tour, but I am sure next time we are there we shall have to track down that lady with the nice horses and see Garmisch!
My boys love animals!
The lobby was beautiful! They had nice rocking chairs in front of the fire!
Of course, Abby liked the fact that they had little rocking chairs her size too!
My favorite part besides the adult conversation? That would have to be three meals a day provided by a delicious in-house restaurant! Not having to worry about cooking for three whole days? My idea of a vacation!  
Hopefully when KC gets back, we can snag another one of these retreats for couples!
Thank God for the United States Army Chaplains that figured out we spouses need the decompression!

No comments: