Sunday, October 5, 2008

Here's your sign!

Well, I just had to share this story with you because to me it was funny when it happened and still is, so I warrant that is enough of a reason to blog it!
The second day I was in the hospital with Abby, the local community college school of nursing had student nurses there doing clinicals in OB/GYN. Being the daughter of a nurse who went to a large teaching hospital, I totally get the need for student clinical and evaluation. So anyway, my nursing student (the first one, I actually had two) was a young man named Jacob. Jacob was a former firefighter/EMT and was getting married the next Saturday. He seemed a little nervous and was a little bit flustered. He was chit chatty enough though! When he was asking me why I choose to have a c-section, I informed him that I wasn't given any other option. Since I have already had two of them, its just not safe for a regular delivery. So than he goes on to ask me why I choose that particular date for the delivery. Well, for those of you who don't know, it was September 23rd in 2000 that KC proposed to me in a park in Moscow, Idaho where we both were going to school.
When I informed Jacob of this he nodded and then looked right at me and proceeded to say "Are y'all still together?" (And yes, I was wearing my wedding ring).
So here I am in the maternity ward with a brand new baby having delivered on the day my husband proposed. I should have looked at him and replied, "Nope, I just decided to have a baby with someone else on the day some other guy proposed to me!"
And anyone who knows Bill Engvall, I have to say to all..."Here's Your Sign!"
He was probably just trying to make small talk and I can understand that, but it just goes to show no one is immune from saying and doing stupid things every once in a while!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just had to laugh after reading this story.