Tuesday, September 30, 2008

One week old!

Abby's first day at home!

Thomas in shot with sissy!


Sleeping away!



Grandma's newest addition!
Well,
Abby is one week old. We have had a very exciting, tiring few days! While at home she has only had one little bath. Her belly button cord hasn't fallen off yet. But she is eating like a champ. Her birth weight of 6 14 dropped to 6 5 the day we left the hospital. Yesterday for her appointment at the peds clinic, she was up by four ounces to 6 9! We were ecstatic. I am still very sore and let me just say she hasn't mastered the nursing skills yet so we are trying to work out the kinks so I don't scream in pain every time she is trying to latch on! But all in all everything is good with her. The boys are taking to her very well. Thomas loves her a lot, Ben isn't quite sure of her yet, but when she is crying he runs over to her and says "don't cry baby Abby!" "It OK!"

I am so happy my mother in law is here! I don't think KC and I could get by without some help right now. Here are a few pictures, I don't know how to turn them around so just cock your head a little!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thank goodness for mother-in-laws!

Orchid said...

She's so precious. And good help is a must when you just come. Thanks for the updates and good luck. Hopefully she'll get the nursing thing figured out soon!

FluffyChicky said...

Awww, how cute!!