Thomas w/ Grandma and Abigail!
Abby with mom!
Daddy with his new little princess!
My new little girl! I am so excited!

Abby...seconds after being born!

Abby, not so happy after leaving the womb!

My new little girl! I am so excited!
Abby...seconds after being born!
Abby, not so happy after leaving the womb!
Day Zero,
KC and I had to arrive at the hospital at five AM. My first two babies had to be c-sections, so that left me no options for my third baby but to have another one! So I was nervous and when we checked in I was cold. Not usually a problem but then when the nurses started the IV KC noticed that it was icy cold! So I was freezing by the time they took me into surgery. I was shacking so bad! My doctor was prompt and awesome. He kept talking to me the whole time, I kept thinking they hadn't even started yet when all of a sudden one of them lifted her over the sterile curtain and I saw her face for the first time. To me she looked like a Chase baby! I thought she looked like both Thomas and Ben as babies. I thought she was perfect. She cried a little bit and then I was so surprised when they said she was 6 lbs, 14 ounces. Something I had not expected. She is way petite! After that, I was hooked up to a mesh of wires and tubes for the first day. She nursed very well and I remember why I almost gave it up with Thomas the first time. It really doesn't feel that good at first and when you have a c-section, you can't really move around to help change up positions to ease feeding times. I stick with it though because its such a wonderful thing you can do for your baby!
Day one-I spent the first part of the day in bed, then I had to get up, take a shower and try to walk around. Not something easily done, but you have to because after words, you feel soooo much better! KC and the boys and Diana came up to visit their new family member. Thomas loves her and Ben keeps calling her the baby, but I am sure doesn't really know what to make of her. After they left, I spent the rest of the day on the phone working with the medical records to get a quick copy of the birth certificate in readiness for Abby's military passport.
At two am, the hospital fire alarm went off, and they couldn't shut it off until the fire dept came and did it. So for almost an hour, we had the loud alarm blaring throughout the whole place. I am not quite sure what caused it but I do know that there were a lot of mom and babies who couldn't sleep and weren't very happy!
Day two-I was able to walk and get ready, play on the pc for a while and send out some stuff. I am just waiting to get my stuff together and get home. KC and I had a "last night out" couples dinner. This is usually done in most hospitals. It was in Gritman in Moscow, but not at Mountainview. Basically they give you a private little dinner just for the parents without the new baby and/or any other children. I love it, but I don't eat the food because they just did surgery on me two days ago and my stomach has been on liquid for that time. I just usually give all my food to hubby, who enjoys it more anyway! But it was nice, I finally feel I got the nursing down with Abby. Hint: Lanolin is needed!
KC and I are so happy with Abby. I can't believe we are the proud parents of two wonderful boys and one perfect little girl!
2 comments:
She is so beautiful! She DOES look like a Chase baby.
Congratulations! What a beautiful girl! Glad to hear things are going well.
Post a Comment