Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lots of little blessings!

Its been an interesting week thus far. On Saturday I had a baby shower over at my friend Sharon's home and man did she go all out. She must have had enough food for a small army. Good thing there was a pregnant lady there! :) We had lots of fun games and some even cuter gifts for the bump-a-gail. I was a little stressed out because of all that I am trying to do with this move.
Like I mentioned in my previous post, I am thoroughly thrown into the void of knowing nothing. There isn't a check list. So I figure I am going fight fire with fire. I am going to research everything there is to know about moving OCONUS (that is just outside the continental United States) and then I will be so prepared for this stinking move it will impress even my husband!
I did find out from a few of my friends who actually have lived there for years that the Germans don't have elevators. Nor do they have air conditioning. And they only have a washer and dryer in like a laudro-mat setting.
So, in order for me to do laundry, I will need to go to the basement and do wash there. This is all strange concepts for me (not having done laundry like that since college). But I am still looking forward to being there. We know for a fact that we will be living off post because post housing if full (and always will be I think!) So it should be nice to try to find a place that can be in the local economy there, that way we will get to really know the town and people, I hope and pray!

On Monday we were out, once again, at the Doyles! A really awesome family we know from church. KC is going to help Mr. Doyle with some fence rebuilding and some other various farm/ranch type duties that he would like some extra hands for. My boys and I just love being out there because they have sooooo much to do and see. I will try to get some pictures for the site but I seem to always be forgetting my camera!
Moving on to the pregnancy...
Well I can honestly just say I think I am ready to have this kid at any time! I have officially reached 37 weeks and the safety zone (as I call it). So she can kick labor in at any time! On the down side of the matter, I can no longer sleep...at all! I have to get up every 45 min either to pee or to stop the leg cramps that have plagued me this round. My back has shooting pains whenever I decide to move in a certain direction and I have something going on with a tube in my left ear. Its all because I am retaining water too! That ear feels like its constantly underwater and I can't hear anything. I have discovered my first varicose vain and am NOT happy about it. I try to be in a happy mood most times, but my want for sleep always seems to give way to grumpiness.
Tomorrow is one of my last doctor appointments. I haven't even toured the hospital yet! I am also heading into the mall where I can buy some nursing shirts and a few nursing bras. (That is one thing I know the Germans don't really mind is breast-feeding which will be a welcome relief to me!)
Aside from all the things I am listing here, I did manage to go to my church MOM's group last night and I am so happy that I did. I don't know what I would without my MOM's group! There are never enough good words to say about them. I just know God is shining through them trying to tell me everything is going to be ok. I just need a lot of prayers for a safe healthy delivery and some good recovery time!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi, Mandy--it's Amy, Jen's sister. We're thinking and praying for you. It sounds like you guys are handling everything well, but what a huge undertaking--moving and pregnancy! You have my sympathy and *empathy* for the pregnancy discomforts. Hang in there!

FluffyChicky said...

I'm sure the 3rd C-section will go perfectly. I'll be sad that I won't be there to get to hold the baby right off like I was when Benjamin was born, but you will have to take lots of pictures for me and I will pretend, OK? :)