Tuesday, September 16, 2008

shifting hormones!

Well, it seems as though my hormones are shifting! Every time I try to brush my hair, it feels so sore and it hurts, which is a sign your hormones are changing. Plus the baby has dropped! I can eat and eat now, but I have to go the bathroom AT LEAST once every 45 min. I had an appointment today with the hospital people and all they did was make me sign a bunch of forms. Then I hit Target and got a few things with some gift cards that I think I might need and then KC and I hit the commissary for some shopping. It was my last shopping trip so I needed to make it a good one!
Also, there is no gas on post! We were on empty and were the very last car to fill up before the closed the lines. All they had was super unleaded at 4.09$ a gallon and then I was only able to get about 7 gallons out of it. I was able to get some things taken care off, stuff sent off in the mail and a few phone calls. I am getting giddy. I can't wait for this little girl to be here. I packed my hospital bag last night and am just trying to keep myself occupied until then. It is frustrating because my brain wants me to do soooo many things to get ready but my body lacks the physical strength to do any of it! I guess what this must be like to be very old. Wanting to do soo much but not being able to.
In other news...
my mom is going to come down to see her new granddaughter next month. So all she will get to do will snuggle the baby from me every chance she gets, but I guess that is ok since we are moving so far away!
Things I have learned about little boys....
they will start stating the obvious by the age of four. Example, "mom, that guy is really fat, it smells poopy in here mom, that baby looks like the mushroom from Mario bros...." etc and so forth!
And they like to pick off scabs. Thomas just can't help picking his scabs off from mosquito bites and seeing them bleed. Lord, I am just preparing myself for all the stuff I am not quite ready for. I swear, there will come a day when I have to pretend like I didn't see the Playboy magazines in his room!

1 comment:

Jen said...

You make me laugh...it's a peek into my future four years from now.