Well KC and I managed to get a few things done in the last few days. KC is now on afternoon duty and has to work the desk from 1-4 so we needed to get things done in the morning. I can't tell you how aggravating that is with just one car! We did manage to get military passports for the boys done and a few things answered about the move. But again, with the army, for every question answered we have two more that need to be asked. So I just said oh well, I am giving it up to the Powers that Be and we will see where that takes us. I have tried prepared and organized only to be thrown in the corner of more paperwork and then I have tried to wing it only to be told to go home and get this thing or that thing. I really don't have time for that. So when it comes down to crunch time, I guess we will just have to do it their way.
KC tells me that the problem with all of this is that the Army hires civilians to do all the paperwork for them for transportation and orders and what not. People who don't have any idea how things in the Army run or how they need to be ran in order for stuff to work out to where both parties understand it. I guess that is true. But it still gets my goat.
Anyway, my baby shower is tomorrow and I can't wait, I hope I get a few great pictures on my camera! So I am going to put all the moving stuff aside and just enjoy an afternoon of fun, food, great friends and a lot of baby games! (Can't wait until I can partake in a few glasses of wine, but again, its worth the wait!)
No comments:
Post a Comment