Saturday, September 20, 2008

Some Success!

Well, KC finally got on the horn and was able to get a hold of a civilian in Germany that runs those pesky little thing called orders. In turn, this gentleman was able to, in the space of 18 hours, get our orders amended and up to date. So KC was able to get our packing date with the moving companies arranged. And on the first three days of next month they will come get our stuff. So I have been a busy bee trying to pack suitcases for all of the kids to last about a month before we get to Germany and receive our stuff sometime in November and December. Now, all we are waiting on is the military passports and getting ready for the race against time to get Abigail's stuff in for her passport!
In other news, the temperature has dropped a lot! We are trying to soak it in before we leave. Its like the mugginess has dropped, the air is cooled down and its actually nice to be outside. Yesterday we were outside playing in the water and jumping on the neighbors trampoline. I have misplaced my camera, I need to find it before the baby! But we had a few cute pic opportunities and I missed em!
One of them being that we got Thomas got a new bike. Well, being the thrifty shopper I am, I visited the thrift store on Post and there it was. A cute bike, much bigger than Thomas' yellow one, with air in the tires and little rusty, was just there. I brought it home, KC tuned it up and Thomas loves it. A great find for only 8$ Beat that!
I still have quite a bit to do, but honestly people, at this point, I don't care. I will do what I can but I am more than ready to have my daughter show up and enjoy a brand new baby into our house. God really has blessed us with a lot and I am happy, but I am tired, sore and emotionally exhausted with having to deal with the stress of not only major surgery, but a move to a different country. My wonderful husband has put up with my hormonal behavior and my lack of getting the housework done and I have found enough patience to put up with his laid back attitude. Trust me, its just a woman thing, when we want something done, we need it done now, not five hours from now. So I have had to re-educate said hubby about this crazy bit of our psychology.
So besides all of the above stuff, we are doing well. We are down to our last weekend as a family of four! After mass tomorrow, I will find the camera and finish my check list for Tuesday. Bring on the baby, then bring on the pain killers!

1 comment:

FluffyChicky said...

Glad the baby girl is here! Can't wait for the pictures.

You should pop over to my blog when you have a chance (ha, ha!). I've got something for you. :)