For now, the boys still have a cough. I assume that they will have it for a few weeks. But their fevers seem to have broke sometime during last night and the coughing is down to a minimum. (Shout out to Angie, I didn't try the vicks vapo on the feet but I will if the coughing resumes....thanks for the tip)
So now we will just be a household that needs kleenex readily in the AM because as soon as they wake up, its all about the runny noses. Ok, hopefully enough of the cold, as much as I love blogging about runny noses of my kids, there are a few other things I wanted to put up here.
KC, the kids and I went to meet the owner of the house at the immobilian office. (realtor) Just so he could meet us and give us a yes or a no on the house. That is a good thing and he will give us final answer Monday. Two courses of action here, if he says no than we move onto the second choice in a different town. If it is indeed still available here.
If he says yes than we can expect to draw up a contract and then we can move in. Problem with that is, they said it won't be ready until February! Because he forgot to take into account the holiday when they gave us the estimate. So I hope the Army puts us up in temp housing instead of the hotel! I can't wait for that to happen!
Also more random blogging stuff....
As much as I hated to do it, we had to attend a "hail and farewell" dinner last night. The boys were watched by some good friends who didn't mind that they were sick. The boys actually did pretty good without us. They just curled up with blankets and watched a few tv cartoons while we were gone.
But the dinner was great, we got to meet a few people in KC's unit. Now, it was strange, there were only a few "hails" as they were called. KC and I were one of them being relatively new to the unit. But most of the people we were meeting or have gotten to know are "farewelling" out of here to a different post. We brought Abigail and she did ok for the most part. Its really awesome to see all the guys from this unit all choked up saying goodbye to their comrade in arms. (The whole unit has just come back from a deployment-no casualties). I can't wait to start building relationships with the other army spouses and meeting the people in KC's unit. Like that of Ft. Rucker, I am sure some great ones will come along. I do have some pictures to post soon. So please stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment